All employees requesting access to EIS (Enterprise Information System) are required to have training in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as Amended (FERPA). Please review the following information and complete the acknowledgement form.
- What is FERPA?
- What are and are not education records?
- What are parental rights under FERPA?
- What is directory or public information?
- What is directory information at UNT?
- How can a student withhold directory information?
- What information can we release without student consent?
- What are 2 basic steps to comply with the law?
- What documents does a student not have a right to see?
- What are institutional policy and notification requirements?
- What can happen if we fail to follow the law?
- What if I have a question on what can or cannot be released under FERPA?
- What additional paperwork is necessary for access to EIS?