What are education records?
- Any record (handwritten, printed, computer, microfilm, microfiche, email, audiotape, videotape, filmed or preserved in any other medium) of an institution that:
- Contains information directly related to the student and
- Is maintained by UNT or its agent or party acting in its behalf.
- Education records do not include:
- Records/notes kept in sole possession of maker not accessible or revealed to any other person except a temporary substitute
- Medical records
- Employment records when employment is not contingent on being a student, provided the record is used only in relation to the individual's employment
- Records created and maintained by a campus police unit used only for law enforcement purposes.
- Information on a person that was obtained when no longer a student (i.e., alumni records) and does not relate to the person as a student